Wednesday, September 22, 2010

RedHill Simonstown

I am a mountain man! I know this because I know what the wind says when it blows. I am a Redhill man! I know this because I know what the rocks say when they whisper...
There is a road that branches off to the right just before you enter Simonstown , called Redhill Road. Sharp twists and turns take you upward for about four kilometres where you turn right again onto a narrow road that takes you along for approximately one kilometre to some stone ruins.The house on the right as you stand facing the mountain is `Kallville` where I grew up and this is where my story begins...
We were minding our own business in the Village of Redhill, going about our normal daily routine in those repressive apartheid years of 1948 onward, unaware of the stormclouds garthering as decisions in Parliament were being taken on our behalf. Decisions that would irrevocably change our lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment